How could sustainable building materials become desirable?
At the one hour workshop at my “café table” in the event: “Future materials in European Design and Architecture”, valuable and interesting suggestions were made by important contributors of the building industry in Europe.
SINTEF scientist, Material engineer, Bio-engineer, Architects, Material designers, Professors and Masterstudents among others participated in this interesting and inspiring event. Innomatnet were the host of the event at DoGa in Oslo 25th September 2014.
Thank you for a great day with inspiring presentations and input from the participants!
Could sustainable, innovative materials reduce energy usage, Co2 outlet and garbage?
Scientiest agree that the most rapid changes in human history of biodiversity, land, atmosphere and oceans by unknown effects of chemical usage, Co2 outlet, deforestation, ocean destruction and garbage.
The building industry is known as «The 40% industry” in above mentioned categories worldwide, and materials are important input in a lifecycle aspect.
Production of and research on Sustainable materials in a lifecycle perspective (from harvesting, production, transport, use and back to nature) is important, but to become sustainable products are not useful in itself.
The products used by a sufficient amount of consumers is required.
In addition to sustainable prices, good communication and marketing reaching relevant consumers is required for creating a desire and demand of products.
Producing sustainable materials
The building industry known as the «40% industry»: 40% CO2 outlet, 40% energy use and 40% garbage worldwide.
Sustainable materials improve our quality of life in the following ways:
- Learn from nature when creating and using materials (i.e. algae houses, roof gardens, natural swimmingpools).
- Technical improvement as nanotechnology i.e. Aerogel or Kebony Wood or solar Power Equipment.
- Top-priority Lifecycle focus (“cradle-to-cradle” including durability) and subsidies by Governments of Environmental Certificates as EU Ecolabel.
- Redesign by Smart reuse of materials were a new, fresh design is essential.
- Space efficiency: «Less is more”! Smart design for less use of space. Less space reduce energy consumption, use of materials and will meet the worldwide requirement of urbanization.
- Research institutes as SINTEF has great power in close cooperation with the building industry. Their purpose of science should include an objective lifecycle perspective of materials as toppriority.
- Find alternatives to unsustainable materials: plastic, aluminum, Rainforest Timber.
- Social responsibility
- Consumer demand increase production and research of sustainable materials.
«Things come into being when we make use of them». Bioinspired Forum.
Consumer demand created by communication
Communicate knowledge, redesign and status efficiently and playful!
Internet is a platform for consumers finding products today. Web marketing (Search Engine Optimization, publishing inspiring content on social media creating trafic to a good landing page) is an important communication action reaching relevant clients.
Communication platform for sustainable materials
Ecoteria provides webmarketing tools for sustainable materials. Our webpage is constantly revised and redesigned.
In addition to our webpage we provide innovative, efficient, easy to use, “all in one” multichannel platform for campaigns or events (visual effects by sms or social media), CRM and analyzing tools.
We are happy to assist you and your input will be appreciated!
Please do not hesitate contacting us at:
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: +47 47847774